Thursday, April 10, 2008

I guess I'll try this out....I mean, why not?

Soooo....I've decided to give this blogging thing a whirl. Who knows how dedicated I'll be at keeping up with it?!? This being my first year teaching Kindergarten, I don't seem to have very much spare time to get on the computer.

I guess I'll begin by saying what is going on in our lives at the moment. Joe and I are living in North Plano, near Stonebriar. I love being this close to wonderful shopping! It's fabulous and dangerous at the same time. We are currently looking for houses in the Frisco area. Just about every weekend we jump in the car and drive until we're out of gas. We have found some potentially great neighborhoods. It sure does make me feel old. It's a little overwhelming how much responsibility a house is, but I'm ready to take it on! I can not wait to decorate and have a house to call my own!

A couple of weeks ago I signed my contract with Frisco ISD. I'm excited about another year of teaching. I love my school and the people I work with. I'm eager to get my classroom moved into Pod 1 (the Kindergarten hallway). Since I was hired two weeks after school started, I ended up with the old art room in the "fish bowl". The room is in the center of the school. Pretty much everyone can see in my room at anytime. It bothered me at first, but I'm used to it now.

Joe has now been with JP Morgan Chase for nearly 3 years. It's been a great job for him. He's really prooved himself to be a strong salesman. He doesn't want to admit it, but he's got a niche for helping people financially. I think he'd be a great financial planner. Now that he has his masters, he's keeping one eye open for job opportunities. If you hear of any, send them our way!

Well, this is a pretty lame blog, but it's my first. You're not expected to be that good your first time, right?

No comments: